We are recruiting a Head of Fundraising
Over the past few years, Victim Support Scotland has been evolving to provide improved services for people affected by crime and ensure victims and witnesses are at the heart of the justice system.
A key step in this journey is to recruit a freelance Head of Fundraising to expand VSS’ capacity to deliver more services tailored to the needs of victims and witnesses of crime.
During the Coronavirus outbreak, the needs of people affected by crime have increased, with some crime types emerging and increasing in frequency e.g. cybercrime. In the last three months, our Victims’ Fund, which meets victims’ immediate needs, has received applications of over £100k and additional funds are required to meet this need.
VSS does not have a fundraising function currently but has plans to set up a successful programme and instil a fundraising culture within the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a fundraising expert to build a department from scratch, to influence and shape the fundraising strategy of VSS, and to instil good fundraising practice across VSS.
We are offering this opportunity initially on a freelance basis with the potential of a permanent appointment.
Main areas for development
- Developing a longer-term fundraising strategy for VSS in consultations with senior management of VSS
- Assessment of fundraising marketplace
- Assessment of opportunities for corporate support
- Completing trust funding applications
- Instilling a fundraising culture at VSS
- Engaging with VSS employees and volunteers
Areas currently identified for fundraising:
- Thematic projects to deliver services to sections of society e.g. young people or crime
- Thematic services linked to specific crime types e.g. cybercrime, hate crime etc.
- Education programmes in schools
- Producing information, resources and toolkits for sexual violence, cybercrime, hate crime.
- IT equipment to expand digital services to victims and witnesses.
- Increased resources for the Victims’ Fund
For more information and to apply for the role, please download the details below.